JACK NICKLAUS LET HIS CADDIE TAKE A SWING AT THE PAR 3 COMPETITION

Jack Nicklaus just let his grandson take a swing at the Par 3 contest. A nice event which gives the players, both current and former the opportunity to bring their families out and have a good time, before the best tournament of the year.

This year Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, and Tom Watson were paired together and put on an absolute clinic. Heading into the 9th, Tom Watson was T1 at age 68! While the others weren’t far behind with Gary Player, who is GD 82 years old, finishing 9th.

Tom Watson leading the field heading into the 9th and last hole. Has to be the headlines right? Well, so we thought.

On the last hole, most golfers will typically let their caddie take a swing just for fun and a nice “Thanks” as they head off for the day. Well, Jack Nicklaus had his 15 year old grandson on the bag and let him have a whack at it.

Incredible.

I mean I have witnessed some pretty cool moments in sports recently, most notably Derek Jeter’s walk off hit, Paul Pierce hitting a three, Kris Jenkins shot. But this was crazy. This was someone who I have never heard of and he just gave me euphoria nice warm feeling you get when your happy about life.

This was awesome to see live and one of the ‘This is why we love sports’ moments.